Austin Outdoor Lighting Installation
Illuminating Your Home’s Beautiful Exterior
After designing and installing the perfect landscaping in your yard, we are sure you want to show it off. Texas summers are the perfect time to host friends for dinner parties in your yard and share your beautiful space with them. Complete the look of your outdoor living space with proper lighting. As your one-stop provider for all things landscaping, Sullivan’s Services can provide you with high-quality outdoor lighting services. From choosing the right bulbs to strategizing the placement and doing the actual installation, our Austin outdoor lighting installation experts have all your needs covered. We can even help you illuminate certain features of your yard, so your guests can truly appreciate the exterior of your home. We also provide commercial landscaping services!
Benefits of Landscape Lighting
In addition to providing illumination and increasing the functionality of your outdoor space in Austin, landscape lighting offers many other advantages for your home and family.
These other benefits include:
- Safety – We can install lights along your pathway or driveway, so you and other family members can see better and avoid accidents such as tripping or falling.
- Improved appearance – Good outdoor lighting can make the architectural features of your home stand out even after sunset. It can also add a sense of drama to your well-designed landscaping.
- Security – A well-lit exterior makes your home less of a target for burglary or vandalism. If you want to further increase security, we can install floodlights or motion sensor lights to certain areas of your home’s exterior.
- Increased property value – A home that looks good day or night and with a security system in place has a greater chance of selling.
5 DIY Tips For Outdoor Lighting Installation
1. Make sure you know what you’re doing – Because of how complex and unsafe outdoor electricity can be if done incorrectly, you should only be attempting DIY outdoor lighting if you’re an engineer or have a mechanical background.
2. Think about which fixtures to use ahead of time – It’s good to keep in mind that both functionality and aesthetic are integral when considering what kinds of lights to install where.
3. LEDs – To use as little energy as possible, LED lighting is your best bet to spend as little as possible on your electrical bill. Since LEDs bring more light per watt, they’re both brighter and cheaper than traditional incandescent lighting.
4. Consider the 3 types of lighting – Not every single light on your property serves the same purpose. Generally speaking, there are 3 types of lights: task lighting, ambient lighting, and accent lighting.
5. When in doubt prioritize security – As much as the look of the lights are important, never sacrifice security for design or aesthetic appeal. If you have any doubts consult our Austin outdoor lighting installation experts and we should be able to answer any questions.
- Nina T.